ACDL 2021 an Online and Onsite Course
A Unique Experience: Data Science & Machine Learning with the World’s Leaders
in the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano
After numerous discussions, we have concluded that holding the event this year in hybrid form, both onsite and virtual (as was done for ACDL 2020) as this is most beneficial for the ACDL community rather than postponing the course to 2022.
The organizing committee of ACDL 2021 has decided to run the conference on the originally scheduled dates (July 19-23, 2021), and to run it as a hybrid course:
- onsite (in person) for those who can come to Tuscany, Italy and
- online for those who cannot.
The Certosa di Pontignano (our conference venue) has enough space to obey the safety rules (put in place due to COVID-19). To accommodate a large number of participants, we are offering the option for either physical presence (onsite) or virtual participation (online). We would be delighted if all authors and participants manage to attend; however, we are aware that in the current special circumstances, it is best to hold the event in hybrid mode.
The Conference, will be held in person with virtual rooms for participants using a remote connection (Zoom). The lectures (e.g., live presentations or recorded ones) will also be made available online. We will make sure that the sessions also run live, such that the presenters can show and explain their results, and the attendees can ask questions and interact with the presenters. The sessions will be held one at a time which will allow participants from overseas to attend as many sessions as possible.
The keynote lectures (of the Lecturers who will give their consent to the recording of the lessons) will be recorded such that online participants can follow them either live or at any time they like to.
If the situation does not allow the event to take place in person, the event will instead be converted to a fully online mode.
Obviously, if ACDL 2021 will be converted into a fully online event, participants who paid the onsite registration fee will be refunded the difference, and will thus only pay the online registration fee.
Moreover, it is important to note that it is possible to change the mode of participation (the Registration):
from Onsite Registration → to Online Registration and similarly
from Online Registration → to Onsite Registration
We are offering the possibility to change the mode of participation to ACDL 2021. Those who register in one mode can easily change it by 19 June (one month before the course starts).
- It is possible to take Onsite Registration and then change it to Online Registration and get a corresponding refund, but this decision must be made by 19 June.
- Similarly, you can do Online Registration and then upgrade to Onsite Registration and pay the difference (via PayPal); this decision must also be made by 19 June.
Finally, in this edition of ACDL, the registration fee includes online participation to two additional Events:
- LOD 2021 – The 7th International Online & Onsite Conference on Machine Learning, Optimization, and Data Science – October 5 – 8, 2021, and
- ACAIN 2021 – Advanced Course and Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience (co-located event to LOD 2021).
One registration for participation in three events: ACDL, LOD & ACAIN!
If you have any questions please write to the organising committee: email@example.com
See you (in-person or virtually – in 3D or in 2D 🙂 ) in Siena – Tuscany in July (and again in virtual mode in October)!
The ACDL 2021 Organizing Committee.
Inside the antique cells, the lecture rooms and around the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano, Siena – Tuscany the world’s leading scientists and industry experts discuss scientific challenges with a highly selected number of participants in a unique setting, nestled within the most idyllic landscapes of Tuscany, in the outskirts of Siena.
For one intense week you will work alongside faculty that are undisputed leaders in their own field: the result is a profound experience that fosters professional and personal development.
In a proven, unique format you will be exposed to a high-impact learning experience, taking you outside the comfort zone of your own technical expertise, that will empower you with new analytical and strategic skills across areas of Big Data, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The 4th Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning (ACDL) is a full-immersion five-day residential Course at the Certosa di Pontignano (Siena – Tuscany, Italy) on cutting-edge advances in Data Science and Machine Learning with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The Course provides a stimulating environment for academics, early career researches, Post-Docs, PhD students and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results with oral talks or posters, and to interact with their peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
You will gain a heightened awareness for fields of data science and machine learning relevant for your activity and, perhaps most important, you will gain a place within an elite global network of data scientists and machine learning experts.
MSc students, PhD students, PostDocs, junior/senior academics, and industry practitioners will be typical profiles of the ACDL attendants. In fact, the Advanced Course is not a summer school suited only for younger scholars. Rather, a significant proportion of seasoned investigators are regularly present among the attendees, often senior and junior faculty at their own institutions.
The balanced audience that we strive to maintain in each Advanced Course greatly contributes to the development of intense cross-disciplinary debates among faculty and participants that typically address the most advanced and emerging areas of each topic.
Each faculty member presents lectures and discusses with the participants for one entire day. Such long interaction together with the small, exclusive Course size provides the uncommon opportunity to fully explore the expertise of each faculty, often through one-to-one mentoring. This is unparalleled and priceless.
The Course will involve a total of 36-40 hours of lectures, according to the academic system the final achievement will be equivalent to 8 ECTS points for the PhD Students and the Master Students attending the Course.
The Certosa di Pontignano provides the perfect setting to a relaxed yet intense learning atmosphere, with the stunning backdrop of the Tuscan landscapes. World-class wines and traditional foods will make the Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning the experience of a lifetime!
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Cognitive Computing
- Computational Cognitive Science
- Constraint-Based Approaches to Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Deep Learning
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- General Reinforcement Learning Algorithms
- Generative Adversarial Networks
- Machine Learning
- Probabilistic Generative Models
- Probabilistic Programming
- Reinforcement Learning
- Theory of Deep Learning
- Early Registration: by
Saturday July 10, 2021 (GMT+01)
- Oral/Poster Presentation Submission Deadline:
Saturday July 10, 2021 (GMT+01)
- Late Registration: from Sunday July 11, 2021
- Accommodation Reservation at Reservation at the Certosa di Pontignano: by
Saturday July 10, 2021
- Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation: by Thursday July 15, 2021
- Course: July 19-23, 2021
- July 15, 2021 — ACDL 2021 Program
- July 13, 2021 — Zoom Link sent!
- June 22, 2021 — The EU Digital COVID Certificate will facilitate safe free movement of citizens in the EU
- May 24, 2021 — ACDL 2021 Schedule
- May 14, 2021 — Information for Travellers (Last updated: 14 June ’21)
- April 13, 2021 — ACDL 2021 registration fee includes online participation to LOD 2021 and ACAIN 2021
- April 10, 2021 — Early Registration Deadline: July 10
- March 20, 2021 — It is possible to change the mode of participation (the Registration): from Onsite → to Online and similarly from Online → to Onsite (by 19 June)
- February 16, 2021 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Bettina Berendt, TU Berlin, Germany – KU Leuven, Belgium – Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society, Germany
- February 15, 2021 — New Keynote Speaker: Prof. Michael I. Jordan, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- February 11, 2021 — ACDL 2021 Poster
- January 27, 2021 — New Keynote Speaker: Naftali Tishby, Hebrew University, Israel
- January 27, 2021 — New Keynote Speaker: Marta Kwiatkowska, Computer Science Dept., University of Oxford, UK
- January 27, 2021 — New Keynote Speaker: Georg Gottlob F.R.S., Computer Science Dept, University of Oxford, UK
- January 23, 2021 — New Keynote Speaker: Jacob D. Biamonte, Head of Skoltech’s Laboratory for Quantum Information Processing