The learning experience at the ACDL course will not stop once outside the lecture hall. The leisure time will not only represent a golden and crucial opportunity for extensive discussions with outstanding Faculties and excellent scientific networking interactions with colleagues, but also a rare opportunity to experience this retreat-like atmosphere in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Hence the added value of the ACDL course in Tuscany will be the unique opportunity of a full immersion into the Tuscan traditions, arts, wines, and food making it an unforgettable experience of a lifetime.
Unique in the world are Tuscan wines, arts and local foods: a wide array of personalized activities can be arranged focused on the local excellence, according to each participant’s or guest’s interest. During participants’ stay there will be ample time to arrange activities: should participants desire to engage in activities before the ACDL course.
Visit Tuscany: https://www.visittuscany.com/en/
UNESCO Sites, Towns, villages and a lot more
Art is expressed in the territory around Certosa di Pontignano in multiple forms and participants will enjoy this during their stay. In addition, several local town and villages are within a short distance and worth a visit. Participants with interests in specific aspects of Tuscan art (e.g. paintings, churches, gardens) will find local experts who will be happy to guide them through the art patrimony of Tuscany and its surroundings with individually tailored visits.
The 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Tuscany
- Florence,the Cradle of Renaissance: the Core of Tuscany’s Cultural Identity
- The White Splendor Pisa’s Piazza dei Miracoli
- San Gimignano and its Medieval Towers
- Siena, the Beauty
- Pienza, the Ideal City for Man
- Val d’Orcia: greetings from Tuscany
- The Medici Villas and Gardens
The Tuscany Wine
Wine has a close bond with Tuscany, both in the areas of Siena and Chianti. Here the wine list goes on and on: Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Nobile di Montepulciano, Syrah and the Supertuscans. The well-known and worldwide appreciated Brunello is produced in the vineyards surrounding the village of Montalcino. The Brunello, roughly translated as “nice dark one” in the local jargon has been awarded by the review “Wine Spectator” as best wine in the world. The Vino Nobile of Montepulciano has been produced for hundreds of years and the reputation of this wine spread very early across borders, even mentioned by Voltaire in his Candide, and its elegance and strength is proverbial. Local experts will be happy to guide participants to the understanding of the different wine territories: both experienced wine connoisseurs and beginners will find appropriate activities to further deepen their understanding of the most refined Tuscan wines.
Plenty of activities are also available in and around Certosa di Pontignano and you may enjoy some during your stay:
- Trekking and Outdoor,
- Sport and Adventure,
- Local natural thermal Spas,
- Guided archaeological tours. Etruscans.
- Wine tours,
- Food & Cooking classes,
- Drive around the Tuscan hills, by Motorbike.
- Restaurants in Siena by Tripadvisor.
- Zest, Costa di Sant’Antonio 13, 53100 Siena. Phone: +39 057747139 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Osteria le Logge, Via del Porrione 33, 53100 Siena. Phone: +39 057748013 email@example.com http://www.osterialelogge.it
- La Taverna di San Giuseppe, Via Giovanni Duprè 132, 53100 Siena. Phone: +39 057742286 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Osteria Babazuf, Via Pantaneto 85-87, 53100 Siena. Phone: : +39 0577222482 email@example.com
- Particolare di Siena, Via B. Peruzzi 26, 53100 Siena. Phone: +39 05771793209 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Porri One, Via Porrione 28, 53100 Siena. Phone: +39 0577221442 email@example.com
Tuscany, if the vineyards draw the landscape…
The dream of so many travelers especially those on the food and wines trail.
- Castello di Ama – Siena. It is located in the hamlet of Ama, near the village of Lecchi in Chianti, in Siena province.
- Castel’in Villa
- 21 Winegrowers in Castelnuovo Berardenga: Classico Berardenga